It’s vegan month! Therefore it was a no brainer to speak with vegan blogger Sarah Lea. Sarah’s incredibly kind with a wide range of knowledge. Read on to hear her top LA picks and advice on veganism.
(Sarah Lea in Love Faustine. Stop by Galerie.LA to shop Sarah's look.)
Name: Sarah Lea
From: South Africa
Best place in LA to get vegan food?
Top picks From Galerie.LA’s vegan selection?
- Rena Mini Skirt (Stunning!)
- Black Pocket Bum Bag (Hello vegan leather!)
- Patti Boot (Yes, recycled material!)
Advice to someone trying to go vegan?
- Having this essential knowledge: All protein comes from plants, the only reason meat has protein is because that animal was a herbivore and ate plants. This means that a whole food, plant based diet is not only the more ethical choice but also the healthiest.
- No one’s perfect, give yourself time to make the full transition. Wanting to make the transition is commendable, be kind to yourself!
What does being sustainable mean to you?
- Being responsible for the repercussions of my choices.
- Knowing exactly what’s required for the production of things I buy or consume.
- Do the repercussions of my choices sustain life or destroy it?
For example: It takes 24 gallons of water for 1 pound of grain versus 2400 gallons of water for 1 pound of beef.
Are the choices to eat meat having a positive or negative repercussion on the environment? Are those choices sustaining life on earth? Are my choices creating deforestation, climate change, flooding, pain inflicted on animals and having a negative impact on the women and children who make the clothing? And if so, choosing differently because it’s all just that simple, it’s a choice.
Sarah Says Choose Wisely:
We need a healthy world and healthy people in order to have food on one's plate and clothes on one's back. It all starts with you and I choosing wisely.
Leave a comment